[Someday when blogger doesn't totally suck...there will be an adorable video here]
Next, I performed with the Idaho Falls women's choir "Choralaires". Each season I think it will be too stressful, but each season I keep coming back because of the joy I feel when I have the opportunity to sing in a professional choir. Iz was juggling the girls from 4pm on that evening and forgot the camera, so no video or pictures of the actual concert. But didn't they get me a pretty, pretty flower?
Maggie began piano this fall and has a love/irritation relationship with it. She's really only learning so she can start violin next year (that was our deal). We've discovered she has an amazing ear and can pick out songs she hears, but has little interest in learning to read the music another composer has put together. She'd rather make her own. Anyway, here's a picture of the stage/piano that she played at.
First song, "Up on the Housetop"
Next, "White Christmas". She was encouraged by her piano teacher to sing and play the piece. She'd been playing this song for weeks over and over and over and gotten quite good and smooth. I think after awhile it wasn't so fun anymore for her, but she held in there. She had also practiced and performed this for her class program at school. I wished we'd remembered to bring the camera!
[Again.....when blogger doesn't suck.....]
2 comments:
What fun all these great activities to enjoy and share the Christmas spirit!
What wonderful activities. Great job!
Post a Comment