3.16.2012

Emma Had a Birthday!!

Granted that said birthday was two MONTHS ago!  January 13th.  Shame on me for taking so long to write about it.  I go through phases...

I can hardly believe that my Emma Lou has grown up so much this past year!  5 year old?!?  Really?  She made a special request to have a ballerina birthday cake.  Here's what I came up with and she LOVED it!  It's so fun when our efforts make them happy.  (You may have to click on the image to see the details)
 I also made little chocolate lollipop ballet slippers for treats.  Sugar overload at the Nichols!
 Aww....a little Daddy's girl today.
 She wanted so badly to have her party at Blast Off! and since it went so well for Maggie's party, I agreed.




 I always let the birthday girl choose a special birthday dinner and she chose her favorite, PINK FISH! (Salmon) with a really, really big salad!  Smart girl...smart girl.
 I'm just so grateful for such a sweetheart in our family.  She is very socially aware and is a wonderful little peacemaker in our home.  She also has a great sense of humor!  This child has some amazing comedic timing.  I really should record a lot of what she says.  It'd make for a good read.  Happy Birthday, love!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful cupcakes! My mouth is watering...