Disclaimer: ALL of these pictures are out of order, but I have ZERO desire to spend so much time rearranging so I'll attempt to help it all make sense :-)
We began our day bright and EARLY! We had a pancake breakfast and flag raising at the Stake Center that morning at 7am and we had slept (I use this word loosely) in the tent the night before. But it was all good fun.
This is Maggie seeking land...I mean, seeking out our picnic spot on the hill. I really wish the camera had focused better!

What can I say? I don't even know why she must startle her friends so. This is Trevor, her little buddy from church.

Here we are at the Green Belt for the Freedom Celebration aka Fireworks Show. She's eating cotton candy, I think...I hope.

This cursed rock attracted Emma far TOO much! There was a nice big drop behind her and very high waters.

MMMMMMM....snow cones...mmmmmmmm

She can be so adorable!

And such a socialite! I think she makes a new friend everywhere we go!! I was never this bold. She just walks right up and introduces herself and *poof* she's got herself a new BFF.

She even made friends with the Missionaries who were set up near by. And isn't the temple so pretty in the background? Well, if you can stop looking at the blaring blue porta potties.

Here we are at the parade earlier in the day. Don't you want to write captions to go along with their facial expressions? I think they were horrified by the fireman who seriously yanked a rescue dummy off the trailer and landed it smack on the ground just so he could pretend to resuscitate it. I can't get enough of Maggie's face here. It even got Lake's attention enough to stop reading his magazine!

And what parade would be complete without the Star Wars float...to celebrate our Independence...on earth...in the United States...hmmm...

Do you see how cool this is?? My kids are never allowed to try this, but do you see how cool this is? It's my favorite part of the parade every year.

Much better than the traditional holiday melt down, don't you think?

Our good friends, the Beans!! Thanks for coming guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment