7.30.2009

A Happy Birthday, Indeed

I feel like lately my days have been pretty blah and I haven't been enjoying my summer to it's fullest. So this past week I've been really focusing on making the most of each day and just enjoying what I have and where I am. Well, today felt like a true example of that.

I've never had a birthday or any day for that matter go so smoothly. I feel like I have to be sure to share it and show a little gratitude for this blessing.

It started off with a little bit of a late start getting out the door to the plasma center with the 2 girls, but they had their pb&j breakfast to go and I had time to make a quick protein smoothie while Emma was finishing up in the potty. Yummy raspberries from the garden mixed with peaches, protein and OJ. Who can complain about that?? It was the left arm's turn to donate and it hasn't gone well each time that I've used that arm...well, until today that is. It was perfect and I had a chance to catch up on my magazine reading without interruptions. It truly is the simple things that keep me happy.

I got home in plenty of time to get the refridgerator delivery call. They told me they would be there at 10am. I was a tad bit nervous, because well...it's delivery and as a rule of thumb, they are ALWAYS late and Iz and I had a temple sealing assignment at 11:30am. Ding Dong!! 9:35am and the delivery guys ask if it's o.k. to drop it off a bit early. Are you kidding me?! Are the stars aligned or something? Bring it on! So here's the original fridge from our kitchen. No, seriously I think it was the "original" fridge from our 1981 kitchen.
This is the upgrade. We got a smokin' deal on it! It was listed at $1699.99 originally at the store and we happened upon on the day they discontinued selling this model at Sears. The fridge had a few damaged parts such as a broken shelf and drawer. As we were looking it over and asking about the price of replacement parts, the sales lady went scurring around and switched out the broken parts and left the price alone. What a beautiful lady!! We walked out having paid $650 for a next to perfect fridge and we were given a rebate coupon for our delivery charge!! Chaching!! It's a little monsterous in our smaller kitchen, but I LOVE it!!
Oh yeah, it gets better. I promise I'm not trying to brag, it's just been a great day and I want to share it! Israel and I went to the temple to do sealings and it was so nice. Our friends had also signed up to help out and it's just so wonderful to see your friends in the temple.
So, we all decided to go to the Hard Hat Steakhouse afterwards for lunch. When we got back our great babysitter was helping pick up all the toys in the house. whew, love that. My visiting teacher came and I got to talk to most of my sisters today.

Then a miracle happened. No, really...this is....miraculous...really. Emma fell asleep at 6pm and Maggie at 8pm. And this is what I've been enjoying since....
I don't know that I could have asked for a more enjoyable day.

8 comments:

Sara said...

What an awesome day! And to have it land on your birthday, how cool is that? You deserve it! Happy Birthday!!!!!!

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful day!! You definitely deserve it!

Katie said...

glad you got a great day!!! and nice fridge!

larshannon said...

So glad you had such a wonderful day! Happy Birthday even if I'm a little late in wishing it!

Frisbies Forever said...

What a great birthday!

Steph said...

Sounds near perfect to me! Watch out...the calm before the storm. He he he...
Happy Birthday! When is your actual birthday?

Dianne said...

July 30th, the day before Katie's.

Tavia said...

That's AWESOME!! You deserve to have a day like that at least once in a decade. Ha! And thank goodness for kind people left in the world (love your fridge).