1.11.2010

Good News

So...I haven't been posting much and it's because I've been creating and posting on other blogs.  I'm currently in the Healthy for the Holidays challenge and have dropped 5 pounds, yes, over the holidays and now I have started a similar challenge Slim for Spring and hope to drop the last 20 lbs I'm packing around.  I'll be competing in both for the next 3 weeks.  Here's the GREAT news!  Two years ago I was diagnosed with Insulin-Resistanc and  since beginning to exercise and fill my body with HEALTHY fruits and veggies instead of sugar garbage (which I still have occasionally) I have dropped 34 lbs since my inital test and am today Insulin-Resistant FREE!!  Don't ever underestimate the power of a "healthy" diet and exercise (aka good old fashioned hard work).

10 comments:

Jaimie said...

You go girl! That is awesome!

Katie said...

that's incredible! i think i was living on sugar garbage this weekend and i feel it today...

Frisbies Forever said...

So PROUD of you! I need to call you. You will be excited.

larshannon said...

Congrats! That is a lot of hard work.

Tara Oliver said...

wow, 5 lbs over the holidays!! it's hard for me to believe you EVER had 34 lbs to lose. well keep up the great work. you are an example to sugar-crazy people like me!!

Dianne said...

well, we can thank postpartum depression for those nasty 34 lbs. and now I can thank exercise for recovery from pp and the extra poundage. :) i'm starting to think exercise just might be a cure all.

Nanette said...

That is awesome!
I remember after one of my babies, moaning and complaining that my body was obviously just going to stay that way. Then I actually got off my bum and started exercising and paying attention to what I ate and SURPRISE!, I lost weight.
And I totally agree with you about exercise possibly being a cure all. You can't help but feel good after a great workout. :)

The Hanselmann Family said...

Go you! You are awesome. I hope to reach 25 lbs down on Monday. We will see how that goes with all of the stress this week. You are such an inspiration!

Piepee said...

That's awesome. Keep up the great work.

James and Charity said...

WAY TO GO!!!!