1.21.2010
Insecurities
Maggie made new little friend at school and we had her over to play last week. The two girls had a great time making cookies, playing babies and painting. It was a lovely afternoon. Her mom came to pick her up and I seriously had the worst thought EVER. It goes something like this, 'Wow. I don't think we could be friends, you look like Barbie'. Seriously... tall, thin blond, perfect combo of trendy conservative fashion and big beautiful smile. Now, don't get me wrong...I think Barbie would make a great friend! And this little girls' mom was the nicest person, for sure. I guess maybe I don't feel "pretty" enough to be Barbie's friend. Wow, talk about some insecurities! :O) I guess I should work on that, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ten bucks says she walked into your house with homemade cookies and awesome kids and thought she couldn't live up to that.
We all have insecurities. Some just are easier to hide.
LOVE that comment!!!!!
My best friend out here is like that. We knew of each other in Salt Lake, but never connected. Out here though, she doesn't have a choice, so she has to be my friend! There isn't anyone else out here for her to be friends with. I kept waiting for her to find some "cute" friends to hang out with. then she never did. Then i kept wondering why she still wanted to hang out with me. I'm more secure now, but still I wonder. What would she want to hang out with me for? Funny isn't it?
I'm with larshannon...I look at you and how you juggle home, family, church, marriage, marathon training, etc. and think "I have NOTHING in common with her" but God loves us equally, so we have Him in common. :)
You ARE so cute! I was always a little insecure around you! Don't sell yourself short sista!
this made me laugh because i am exactly the same way!
i felt the same way about you. i think you're beautiful, girl!
I feel the same way lots of times. Everyone else is better than me. I think it just keeps us humble. And makes us put ourselves out there more for others.
i'm with everyone else...you have NOTHING to be insecure about! you're an amazing mother, wife, housekeeper, primary president, etc...i have no idea how you juggle everything you are responsible for and make it look so easy in the process!!
thanks gals! i don't know that i'm quite as good as you all make me out to be, but thanks for the boost anyway. i sure have great friends ;)
Post a Comment