5.13.2010

Am I Crazy?!?

OK, so you all know about my desire to go away for my reward in reaching my weight loss goal, right?  Well, Disneyland is the destination because cruises might be too expensive for the time of year I'd need to go.  I'm 7lbs from my goal and now that the time is getting closer I'm second guessing my decision. UGH!  Why am I so practical?!?  I keep asking myself if it would just be better to spend that money towards a new deck we desperately need, or carpeting (any carpeting) downstairs, fixing the pellet stove, getting a new bed (ours is 13 yrs old) or finishing the 2nd bathroom.  I DON'T KNOW!!  My inner practicality says if I can't have the vacation I really want, why not get something I need.  What are you thoughts on the matter?

11 comments:

Piepee said...

I think either would be appropriate and great. The deck you would enjoy longer.

Elsha said...

Go on vacation. You'll always find the money for the practical stuff.

Misty said...

Happiness comes from fulfilling needs, and not wants. Although fulfilling wants is a lot more fun.
I think either option would be great. I think you and Israel would create memories you'd cherish for a life-time.
Or if you did something practical, you'd feel pretty good. but then would it make you feel like it's just one thing on a long never-ending list of stuff that needs to be "fixed" or replaced? And all that hard work you put into losing weight just went to, once again, something else other than you?
Just a few thoughts for you. You'll make the right choice. Sometimes it's good to make the non-practical decision, just once in a while.

Layne said...

For what it's worth studies have shown that people are actually happier sharing experiences as a family than buying "stuff." We have relived our memories at Disneyland and Disney World as some of the funnest times our family has had together. I vote Disneyland.

Lolo said...

I think you should have some fun and reward yourself! I know you and your family would have a blast... everyone needs a break sometime, BUT you should do whatever you think is best:)

Dianne said...

Well, I'm planning to be a little selfish and not take the girls. *sheepish grin* Israel and I have only had time away together on a race weekend, we'll be married 13 years this summer.

Frisbies Forever said...

I think your crazy. Make a decision already! JK!!!! Love you. I know you'll do what's right for you. Just had to say it though.

Sara said...

Go to Disneyland!!!! You will NEVER regret the memories you will make there and you will have them FOREVER, stuff comes and goes, but in the end it is just stuff!

Ashleigh said...

go to disneyland!

manne said...

GO FOR IT!!!

Mya said...

Go to Disneyland!!! You need a reward for YOU and what better way than a "second honeymoon" with your hubby. Take some you time. You will be happy about it while you are there, you are just thinking about it too much.