We took Israel's Mom and niece, Cheyenne, and our friends the Hendricks up to the cabin last weekend. It was great! So much more relaxing than camping in the dirt, which I still enjoy mind you, it's just not nearly as fun as it used to be. Anyway, I'm so glad everyone could come with us!!
I think one of the funniest parts of the trip was the first day we decided to do a hike. It was warming up when we got to the cabin, so I lathered everyone with sunblock. We approach the trail head and it is pouring down rain. No one had a coat, but we sure weren't getting sunburned. LOL! So we barely made it to the registration box, ate some trail mix and shivered all the way back to the hot tub at the cabin, which was of course, in the beautiful sunshine. :)
 |
| Emma headed to the little waterfall. |
 |
| Nichols & Hendricks - Valerie was behind the camera and Carol was up on the trail. |
 |
| Valerie and me. |
 |
| View from the porch swing. One of my favorite spots. |
 |
| A few games of pool and some seriously fun times on the Wii (while the kids were in bed, hehehe). |
 |
| A hike right on the cabin's mountainside the next morning. |
 |
| Oh, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie..... |
 |
| What a treat! We found a salamander. Well, the kiddos did anyway. |
 |
| Group pictures are so hard to orchestrate. |
 |
| She's ready for anything!! |
 |
| Emma was banging these two sticks together as we walked through the trail. It reminded me of a great movie. Can anyone guess which one? |
 |
| An Osprey nest |
 |
| A beautiful flutterby, I mean, butterfly. |
 |
| The was the best! All three sharing a bag of Doritos AND a swing, with NO crying, whining or complaining. It was beautiful, truly beautiful... |
6 comments:
It looks like you guys have been having alot of fun this summer. I can't believe how big Emma looks. It hasn't been that long since we have seen each other. (I have been updating our blog from our trip this summer, you should check it out if you haven't already.)
We need to get together sometime soon. It has been too long.
PARENT TRAP!!! I love that movie!! :) The older version of course.
haha! You win, Shauna! What do you win? well...nothing, but good job anyway. :) **and most definitely the older version, hands down.
I knew it too! We just watched it again! Looks like so much fun!
Looks like fun!
Bart - It is fun! If you guys ever get a free weekend, let us know! We'd love to take you there. It's literally across from the Reservoir and fun to play in the water, too.
Post a Comment