 |
| This here couple is my friend, Juleen, and her husband, Daryl. She NEVER gets to surprise him..about anything...ever...until today..... |
 |
| He had no idea what he was in for today. |
 |
| Daryl has wanted to learn to fly for years, but has never had the opportunity. Enter my husband, flight instructor extraordinaire, and we've got a surprise of a lifetime. :) |
 |
| Add a couple of hot chicks and we've got ourselves a sweet little date night. hehe |
 |
| We started our flight to West Yellowstone in great weather. We did endure some amateur flight student turbulence, but honestly he did a good job. |
 |
| We'd planned on getting a taxi, but the courtesy bikes from the airport was a MUCH better plan!! It was only about 2 miles into town. |
 |
| Checking out the shops, looking like Daniel Boone, Davy Crocket or Billy Ray Cyrus...I can't tell. :) |
 |
| A bunch of rocks we could have bought for our kids and didn't. ($5 a teeny, tiny bag? nah!) |
Next we went to a WAY overpriced BBQ restaurant (much like all the restaurants in these little tourist traps) and had tickets for The Playmill! We saw "The Foreigner" , which was amazing, of course. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time.
 |
| Here we are trying to get out there fast, since the weather had changed for the not quite the best. Gratefully, all the yucky stuff was headed in the opposite direction from home. |
 |
| Juleen and I were roommates in college! I love how I've been blessed to continue to have these wonderful women in my life! |
 |
| What a bumpy ride home! I was so happy that Iz took the yoke this time around. We were bouncing everywhere from these thunder-bumpers, but I know he's a great pilot so I wasn't even nervous, just needed a hand hold every now and again so I wouldn't squish Juleen. I tried to get a shot of the lightening, but it was too bumpy to time it right. |
 |
| Ahhh...my favorite, straight and level flight with a beautiful sunset. |
 |
| And home again. I think I need a nicer camera to get any real decent shots at night. It was such a great day/night though. I truly feel like I've been so blessed/spoiled this summer. We've done so much that we've never had the opportunity to enjoy before and it's been absolutely wonderful! Israel's mom helped make this happen too by staying with the girls. They had a wonderful time rock hunting, painting their new pet rocks, making beautiful egg crate flowers, eating pizza and watching movies and let's not forget story time. It's true....I have a good life. |
4 comments:
Yes, you do! :D
Wow what an incredible date. So glad for you all.
How FUN!!! Lucky girl! Next time you could bounce that little plane our way ;) We have Crater Lake and . . .well thats about it, but it would be so fun!
LOVE IT!! what a FUN Date night!!!! by the way you're marinade was the BOMB!
Post a Comment