10.24.2011

Halloween Traditions

Here at our house, we enjoy the classic traditions leading up to Halloween each year.  We've already gone to the pumpkin patch, so the traditions continue....

Caramel Apple Making
So much fun!  Who doesn't love making and eating these divine treasures?  In fact, it's what we had for dinner, along with some popcorn and veggies and dip.
                                     

Pumpkin Carving
Best quote of the night is awarded to Emma-
"You're right, Dad.  You're not very good at this." as he was trying to help her with her pumpkin.
                                     

 I'm impressed that the girls drew their own designs for their pumpkins.  And this was Maggie's first year of carving completely on her own.  I love the stitches on the side of hers.

Israel's creation

Mommy's creation - Yes, it's an angry bird
                                     

Maggie's Jack O Lantern
Roasting Pumpkin Seeds
A little too roasted, but it was still fun.

I guess it was a good night since Maggie's prayer this morning included gratitude that we carved pumpkins and ate candy apples last night. :)  I'll take it.

2 comments:

manne said...

What a lot of fun! I cannot believe how much Lilly has grown !!! Getting ready for our Halloween party on Saturday. Wish you all could be here for it.

Piepee said...

looks like a great time. Love how the pumpkins turned out. Lily's getting so big.