11.09.2011

Thankful Hearts...er, bricks

Yesterday we had our annual FHE on gratitude.  Each year we cut out red bricks from construction paper, write things we're thankful for on them and build a fireplace to hang our stockings by for Christmas.  This year I got smart and cut them out the day before and had them LAMINATED so I don't ever have to cut the squares again!  Wahoo!  Next year all we'll have to do is write new things we're thankful for!
 The finished product!

When we began I thought, "Whew, there's a lot of bricks here.  We might have trouble filling all those in."  But my girls just went to town and had idea after idea and they were filled out lickety split, all 72 of them.  This is one our most treasured traditions.  We've been building our heart(hs) since Israel and I had our 1st Christmas together and I'm so thankful that we've continued year after year.

3 comments:

Piepee said...

I love your fireplace tradition. The girls will treasure it as a memory I'm sure.

Tara Oliver said...

that's a really cool idea, Diane! I love it!

Frisbies Forever said...

So neat!!! I love those ideas and grateful heart(hs)!