10.07.2008

Maybe it's just me...


but, there are days when I feel like I just can't face the world. I just want to shut off all responsibilities outside my home and hide. I want to play with my kids all day without interruption of the telephone/tv OR read books obsessively about adventures I will never have. I want to un-plug from the media/technology and just sit on the cool green grass and breathe in the beauty that surrounds me in nature. Listening to the leaves rustling against one another in the wind, feeling the crisp fall air brush against my cheek leaving it a rose-hue and smelling the apples being processed into sauce or pies brings a peace that "inside" organization just can't compete with. Sometimes it just seems like life could be more enjoyable if I could take more of these moments to reflect on what is around me in the present. Isn't it amazing how taking solace in the brilliant blue sky dotted with puffy white clouds in contrast with deep reds and oranges of the changing trees can seem to make the world stop spinning so fast? The scene magically makes the doctors appointments, the meetings, the outlines, the never-ending responsibilities of life quietly fade into the background. All thoughts/choices become more clear, more real, more hopeful, leaving me feeling evermore capable to face tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Don't worry, it isn't just you. I have those days all the time. I think it is ok every now and then to give into those days. It is good for us to have a brake, to not worry about everything going on.

Frisbies Forever said...

I don't always turn off the computer but quite frequently turn off everything else. It causes peace and contentment.