12.06.2008

The Nutcracker 2008

Maggie performed in the Nutcracker Ballet tonight. It was a really nice performance. She was an Overture Buttercup Princess, A Basket Carrier and a Woodland Fairy. Her class did a nice job. I asked her what her favorite part of the night was and she said she liked it when she went the wrong way and galloped off the stage by herself and everyone clapped just for her. Which indeed happened. She is so easily distracted when the older girls dance and ended up trying to exit off the wrong side of the stage then realized it and ended up going solo back to her group which were all in the wings by that time. And everyone started clapping just for her. I can just hear her teacher now, "Maggie, pay attention!" or is that me? Anyway, it was a great night. Here are a few highlight pictures from after. They don't let you take pictures or video during the performance and don't offer a DVD to purchase due to choreography rights for the Utah Regional Ballet that performs with the Idaho Ballet Theatre each year. Totally sucks for the parents who dish out hundreds of dollars every semester, if you ask me, which you didn't so I'll move on.

Maggie dancing with her flower in front of the tree at home.

Mom and Maggie in the lobby after the performance.
Maggie and Daddy in the lobby of the Colonial Theater.
Maggie posing in front of the tree at the theater.
Maggie and her friend, Jessica, after the show. There was a movie playing and I could not get them to look at me.
Maggie doing her curtsy at the theater. Camera issues again, of course.

3 comments:

Misty said...

so cute!

Mya said...

How fun! That totally sucks that you couldn't film it. I think I might have snuck in my camcorder!

Frisbies Forever said...

So beautiful!