9.01.2009

Maggie Goes to School!!

Maggie's 1st day of Kindergarten was really just an Open House and I really liked that. She was so excited!! I gave her my old alarm clock and she promptly turned it off and got in the shower at 6:30am!! What a great kid. Then she was singing through the house, "Going to school is fun to do, fun to do , to do, to do!" She is a bundle of confidence and joy.
She wanted to show off her backpack full of school supplies. The bulk comes from the tissue boxes and snack boxes.
Perma-grin in front of the school!
And little sis, Emma, is soooo proud!
Getting a hook all her own!
And her first desk!
The 2nd day of school was the hardest for me! It's the first time she's been on a bus! She doesn't know even one kid on the bus, but that doesn't bother her. She thinks everyone is her friend. Which I totally admire in this kid!
We were early to get to the stop but she was still running with excitement. She told me only one picture so we wouldn't be late! :) **I also love that this year the bus stop is on the corner of our circle !! yeah!!
Here it comes!! She's so ready! I'm ready, too, but I just have a hard time letting her out of my realm of influence.
My friend was jogging by right about the time the bus came and chatted with me after. I'm actually glad because I was tearing up as she got on the bus and my friend was a good distraction. :)

3 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

It is so hard. I hate school. :)

Piepee said...

Kindergarten is so tough. You want them to adjust to school quickly, but there is that part of you that really just wants them to want to be with you. Maybe miss days with you.

larshannon said...

I'm behind in my reading. Sending a child to school is such a bag of mixed emotions isn't it. Congrats to Maggie for all that confidence and a mother who nurtures it.