8.30.2009
Our New Sports Adventure
We are putting Maggie in a variety of activities to see what she likes best and she can choose 1 thing to be involved in. We moved on from Ballet in June. (my scanner isn't compatible with my computer anymore, so I can't show off her last performance) And she started gymnastics shortly after. She LOVES gymnastics!! She is doing great and getting quite good at cartwheels etc.
But, I still thought it might be fun for her to try out a team sport too, such as my favorite...soccer. She had her first game on Saturday. The first quarter was hilarious! All players from each team essentially chase the ball all over the field. It's great to watch. Maggie is #10 in the "kermet the frog green" uniform.
The next 2 quarters, Maggie was apparently getting tired of chasing everyone and began doing cartwheels up and down the field, one after another after another... It was actually one of the funniest things I've witnessed in a long time. And I'm pretty sure I heard a few sighs of relief from other parents grateful it wasn't their child this time! LOL! Seriously, the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond went through my head. You know the one where Jeffery is running down the basketball court with his arms shoved out the bottoms of his shorts.
Next, she begged the coach to let try being goalie. Yes, she really did. She was SO excited. Do you see the look of anticipation/determination as she dives for the ball? Wait...where's the ball? Oh, that's right...she got bored and started practicing while the other kids where playing on the opposite end of the field.
Then picked some weeds for good measure.
I think she might be cured of the goalie position. I can't wait to see what happens next Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is hilarious!! What a character! Have fun!
Just might be gymnastics is for her!
She is such a free spirit! But soccer just might not be her game.
Oh to have seen the cartwheels!
Post a Comment