2.01.2010

Workin' Girl

After 2 years of staying home with the kiddos and some bills not seeming to get any smaller, I made a decision...I'm going back to work.  I have been blessed enough that every time I need to go back to work, I've been able to find employment within a week.  This has been no different.  I was looking over the District 91 website last weekend and saw a vacancy for a Classroom/Reading Intervention Aide and jumped on it.  I got my paperwork together and was offered the job on Friday.  I begin work this Wednesday.  It is beyond ideal for our family situation.  I'll be working 3.5 hr/day 5 days/week at Ethel Boyes Elementary with the 2nd Graders running Math Groups and running Reading Groups after school.  I think I still remember 2nd grade math...;)  We are so blessed since Israel works nights he'll be home rested in the morning and I'll go to work in the afternoon and be home just in time to help finish up dinner before he's off to work again.  It's not a perfect scenario, Iz and I, will have limited time together (maybe we'll make more time for date night on the weekends HINT HINT) but I won't have to worry about someone else raising the kids.  They'll be cared for by their father!  wait.....   He's a pro and I'm not worried...my house on the otherhand...yeah, a little worried...  So, if I'm not as good about staying on top of everything for the next few months, well let's just call it an "adjustment" period, shall we and hope for the best.

4 comments:

Tara Oliver said...

wow, exciting!! good luck, hope the job goes well and it helps pay those pesky bills!

Piepee said...

Good Luck Hopefully your return to the work world will go better than mine.

Ashleigh said...

that actually sounds like a lot of fun! good luck! have fun!

Layne said...

Good Luck you'll be great!!