1.22.2011

Hosting Our First "Late-Over"

I'm kind of against the whole "sleep over" idea these days.  I understand that some still do sleep overs, I just don't feel comfortable with them anymore, so we're trying out "late-overs".  The kids come over around 4:30pm and leave at midnight.  So many advantages to this!  The major one is that just when they are getting their second wind...they go home! bwhahahaha  And then I only have to deal with 1 cranky kid the next morning.  It's really quite a beautiful thing.  To keep us occupied here's a list of the activities we did:
  • Made personal pizzas
  • Dance party in the living room
  • Baked cookies
  • Played Wii Games
  • Boardgames (Chess & Sorry)
  • Barbies, Barbies and more Barbies
  • Fashion Show
  • Makeovers 
  • Made bracelets
  • Hair bows
This was my first attempt at hair bows, so I thought they actually turned out pretty well.  The girls got to pick out what they wanted and I glued it together for them.  I should have taken pictures of all the other great stuff they were doing, but seriously it was a full time job to just keep the chaos/mess under control.





1 comment:

Tara Oliver said...

well I like the idea of a 'late-over' instead of a sleep-over. but man, the idea of my kids staying up until midnight, I can't even fathom (yet - give me a few years!). sounds like a ton of fun - I loooove the hair clips!!