2.13.2010

Reaching For Goals

Years ago I came up with an idea to help me get motivated to lose the baby weight.  Well, I gave up on that goal and dream after I had Emma.  NOW, I am 15 lbs away from my goal weight and have been stuck at a plateau for nearly 5 weeks.  So, I'm resurrecting that dream in hopes of finding the drive to push just a bit harder to get to where I want to be.  Israel agreed many moons ago (don't be judging, it was totally my idea) that if I were to reach my goal weight he would take me anywhere I want to go.  He is still keeping true to his word and is willing to make this happen.  Here's my problem, where do I want to go??  So, I need your help to visualize this reward.  Where's a place you've been that you LOVED and had so much fun?  Here's some things I'd like...I want to do NEW things, I want to experience culture, I want to be ACTIVE and also relax, and most importantly I want to be WARM!  And if I could avoid breaking the bank, that would make me happy.  Any good ideas?  I've considered a Cruise or Hawaii or the Caribbean or Europe....I don't know!!

13 comments:

Piepee said...

May I suggest Orlando, Fla. Any of the Attractions are excellent. And a short drive on the beeline to Space Mueseum. There is just so much to do there. Good luck can't wait to see what you've chosen.

Misty said...

Glen and I went to Orlando together, and it was one of the most fun and amazing places I've been. it was fantastic.

Are you taking the kids, or is it just the two of you?

Another place I've been that I LOVED was San Francisco. We went running along the bay, You could even go swimming in the bay, We took a bike tour across the Golden Gate bridge. Personally, one of the most amazing experiences of my life. It was SO much fun. There is also China Town, where if you skip the "tourist street" and head in a few streets, you can even get some fairly authentic shopping experiences. I think WICKED is even playing there, which is AMAZING!!!!! And we got a pretty decent rate on hotels on fisherman's wharff using expedia.

If you went overseas, I would say London, hands down. You could take trains out to the country side if you felt the urge. But the city is beautiful, plenty of places to walk to, and lots of shows to see. Dream big my friend, I'm at the same plateau. I KNOW we can do this!!!!!!!!

Then there is also some new "fitness" resort in St. George. I can't remember the name of it, but they mention it on biggest loser a lot. I think it looks like a whole lot of fun.

so there you go, those are my ideas. :)

Katie said...

Midland, Texas. ;)

JaNan said...

Switzerland! If you love hiking and being out doors it's the best place in the world but I'm totally biased

Sara said...

HAWAII!!!!!! The cultural center, snorkeling, GORGEOUS beaches where you can just lounge and enjoy the views OR body board, the outdoor market, Tons of hiking on BEEEE- utiful trails and mountains, TONZ of fun restaurants AND the temple . . . I wanna go too ;)

Nanette said...

I would suggest that if you get to go 'anywhere', I'd make it worth it and at least leave the continental US. I'd do Hawaii or the Caribbean. You can definitely have your relaxing downtime, but also do hiking, snorkeling, swimming, learn to surf, etc. Try something new! I'm still working on getting on a trip like this someday. Let me know what you decide and how you like it. :o)

Mya said...

Rome was so much fun! I have never been so amazed at the history in a place. I would recommend going without the kiddos. The history was great to me but I don't think the kids appreciate it much. Also, food got a bit expensive. Overall, it was the best time ever.

Jaimie said...

I'm not any help because we usually spend vacation time visiting family. But I'm sure you'll pick somewhere fabulous! Texas is pretty warm in the summer ;)

Dianne said...

We will NOT take the kids ;) I'm leaning toward a Western Caribbean Cruise that would stop in Belize City, Mexico. It seems to be the most financially practical and totally a place I wanted to go anyway. Better get that passport ready,...oh and I guess I'd better shed that last 15!! Plus, scheduling a cruise with our schedules not going to be the easiest, but I'm not going to think about that right now...

Frisbies Forever said...

I was going to say Cancun or Cozumel, Mexico. They have wonderful cruises and resorts and really wonderful rates considering. Cozumel you could climb the Temple of Chichen Itza. I LOVED that. Scared me to death, but loved it. So much history!

Cathy said...

I would strongly suggest that if you take a cruise you may want to find out if you would get sea sick--I never thought I would. In fact I didn't do too bad but wow, ask Dick, Emily, and Jenny. I was thinking the same thing--a wonderful trip might give me some motivation--Let's go to Hawaii together--I would be a blast. PS I saw some pictures on Corina's blog of Issy in his plane I had tears in my eyes and thought what an awesome brother I have--a bit proud of him.

Tara Oliver said...

okay, Switzerland would be nice, yes! and Hawaii is also a lot of fun. but we had a blast in San Diego. there was a lot to do there and the weather is beautiful. we of course enjoyed Sea World, but there is also a part of San Diego called Old Town San Diego that was established by the Mormons, so there is a visitor's center there and some fun places to visit. we'd go back in a second!

James and Charity said...

Wow, lots of good suggestions! I was just going to throw in Sedona, Arizona. Lots of beautiful scenery and great hiking among the red rock!

Charity