2.06.2010
Wait...What?
So, I got hired as a Classroom/Reading Intervention Aide and..well...apparently they can just change your job description at any given time (something new I'm learning while working within a school district). So NOW I'm actually a Resource Aide. My day goes very quickly because I'm all over the place. I start out helping a 6th grade spelling/grammar (yeeaahh...I had to look up indefinite and reflexive pronouns), then go to 2nd grade Math (I think I can handle that), then I work with a VERY busy 1st grader keeping him on task for his Math worksheets, and somewhere in between I help a 4th grader with her Math (soooo...going to have to study up on this one) and a sweet little blind 4th grader with Social Studies. Whew..amazing that all of that can be squeezed into 3.5 hours a day. So far I really do like it and it doesn't seem to be affecting too much at home yet, then again it's only been 3 days so we'll see how the next few weeks go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sounds like my dream job :) I know the grass is always greener and all that, but right now I am reading your job description and thinking, "No fair! I want to do that." lol (until the first time Branwyn is sick and I have to find someone to watch her so I can work)
I'm doing a longterm sub job is working with a RAD child. But were trying to wean him from a one one one. So in mornings I work one on one with special needs kids doing bedrock words and sentencing.
I personally wish the job would never end. I love being at Eddie Ray's school.
Becki, you may want to keep an eye on the District Website for job openings. Things pop up all the time. I bet you'd love this job, too. I actually really do like it, it's just not what I thought I was going to be doing. lol
Good luck and I had to look up the grammar stuff too.
I love that you admit to looking up sixth grade stuff! I have to look up firt grade stuff for Derek and feel so lame. I will blame it on the lack of sleep. I am listening to "Always" by erasure while typing and it has been YEARS since I heard it! Brings back memories of younger days. I feel old.
Wow! that is awesome Diane. I hope you have a great experience with these kids. The one thing I really love with my aides is when the aide makes the student find the answer--lots of support, but the child does the work. That way the child gets to own the work and build his or her self-concept and self--esteem. Find me a job down there:) I am so sick of the disfunctional environment here.
Post a Comment