So, as any stay at home mom knows...there are some days that the endless chatter can send you over the edge. I love my sweet little ones! Let's just make that perfectly clear. I also want to make it clear that they can be SO fun and SO loving and SO annoying. Yes, I said it. And, yes, you know it's true so don't bother looking at me with that "How could you say such a thing?" gaze. I've seen it and continue to stand firm in my belief that my little ones irritate and annoy me.
For example, last night I had peacefully gotten both of them into bed at a reasonable 8:30pm. I was trying to go to bed about 12am (I'm having trouble sleeping these days) and I hear this scratching sound and mumbling. Maggie was sitting up in bed facing the wall with her hands in the form of holding a pen and attempting to draw something. She kept saying "I can't make this letter" over and over. She was COMPLETELY asleep. So, I giggle, lay her back down in her bed and proceed to attempt sleeping.
Not 2 min later Maggie is standing at her door with 1/2 glass of water and complaining that the water is making her head beep and can no longer sleep in her room. So I cave, in hopes of getting the much needed sleep I've been craving. Silly me. For 2 1/2 hours this girl was "dreaming/imagining" to herself. She had this goofy look on her face and it looked as though she was mouthing a conversation with someone. I ask her "What are you doing" She replies, "Don't worry Mom. I'm fine. I'm dreaming." 2 1/2 HOURS of this. "I'm dreaming there are 2 Maggies and a chicken wants to be a Maggie. I'm dreaming about Cyber Chase and it's SO funny." I finally slept on the couch.
The girl arises at 7 am bright and cheery ready to tell me all about her night and has NOT stopped talking. I finally had to banish her from the room in which I am blogging.
Sweet Motherhood. They never quite tell you all that you are in for.
3 comments:
Wow! Walking and talking in her sleep? Good luck. That is so funny. Hopefully, you can catch up on your sleep soon. Oh, and by the way, we all think kids are annoying at times. You're a good mom.
Oh, honey! That is truly funny!!! This is our family song. This song came out when I met Brad and I have a carrot top and then we got the house with the front porch and we turn it up and sing really loud! I think I am going to steal your idea. Forgive me. This is cool! Sleepwalkers, not fun. Do you remember Todd coming over and trying to pee in the apple drawer in the fridge and Mom had to redirect? At least she is not doing that!!!
I'm only sad I missed it! She is a NUT. I don't think you are bad for announcing the truth...kids ARE annoying! I only wish you could get more sleep. My Malia seems to like your girls wakeup time and has stuck with it! A bit too early for this Momma! Your survey was fun. Tell Maggie and Emma I say "hi". Oh, yeah, Izzy too.
Post a Comment