2.26.2008

Group FHE

My former roommate, Juleen, from Ricks has moved into my Stake. And we've formed a group of families that meet together once a month to share dinner, a short child appropriate lesson, and treat together.

I hosted last night and it was a lot of fun. We had good food (I made yummy tortellini soup), a lesson about showing our love for others and yummy brownie bars.

I share this because maybe some of you might want to form your own groups to help you be consistent with FHE especially when you have just little one's that are hard to teach by themselves.

2 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

Doesn't that mean I would have to talk to people here? Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure your soup was great. I remember it...YUMMY!

Corina said...

Thats a great idea!! I was (at one time that was less busy in my life) in a group of ladies that made FHE kits - file folder's with a subject, lesson idea's, treat recipe, and any necessary props (laminated so they will last) etc. We did these every 2 months for a year and had 6 ladies in the group so I know have 36 FHE packets which as you know is enough for more that a year. Every 2 months would be a different topic - ie) prophets, primary songs, holidays, bible / BOM stories, etc. Anyway - maybe I will get a group together like you are doing - sounds like lots of fun!!