
Well, I've had a rough 2 weeks. Last Wednesday I found out at an OB/GYN appt that my IUD was embedded in the muscle wall of my uterus and that's why I've been having pain for the past several months. Well, they had to remove it surgically on Monday. It was suppose to be a quick 20 min procedure and recovery time was a few DAYS. Well, my 20 min turned into 2 1/2 hrs, 500cc of lost blood and 3 incision sites in my uterus. Apparently, the IUD was more embedded than expected and on the other side of my uterus. Anyway, I STILL have a uterus (I am eternally grateful) though I will never be able to have a VBAC again, due to increased risk of rupture. So, my few DAYS of recovery has turned into 3 WEEKS of recovery. It totally sucks. But, I am eternally grateful to all the friends and family who have been such a help to me the past week. Amanda came and helped my family from Monday morning thru Thurs morning. What a relief to not have to worry about meals, dishes, laundry,etc. I think the biggest help was staying with me at the hospital while Israel had to work. I also enjoyed her last night with us, watching a movie and enjoying good ol' Ben & Jerry's. Many ward members have offered to help and I've just been so appreciative (even if it doesn't show through my facial expressions). My husband has been SO supportive and loving. I'm just so grateful for my family right now.
1 comment:
Glad to return the favor! Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment