
Getting to know ME"
Where were you born? Waterloo, IAMiddle Name: Fern
How old will you be this year? 30 ! Yikes! I'm entering the "no longer young" phase of life
Nicknames: Dine, Dinah, Dianche, Big "D", Goober (thanks, Iz)
Are you taller than your mother or father? I'm 5'6", my mom is 5'2" (on a good day) and my dad is 5'10"( or used to be)
Do you cry often during movies? I usually want to during sappy movies, but I still turn my head and try to hide it.
What is your biggest pet peeve? Thoughtlessness from those closest to me.
Favorite color: Red
Favorite foods: I have many favorites, but I LOVE pasta that is saucy & cheesy, bread that is nearly doughy, and an array of fruits! Fresh fruit just makes me feel good.
Favorite Beverage: I enjoy a good citrus spritzer (non-alcoholic, of course!)
Favorite cold cereal: Marshmallow Mateys, Peanut Butter Crunch ( I don't actually eat them very often)
Favorite Smells: Rain in the Spring, Newborns after a bath, Israel before a date (I wish I could smell this more often)
Favorite time of day: 7pm "Song & Scripture" time with the girls. It reminds me of how special they are to me and how much my Heavenly Father must trust me.
Favorite make-up products? Any product that help transform me from "Mom who looks like she's had it"...to "Mom who has it together"
How many pillows do you sleep with? One
Do you play an instrument? My vocal chords, piano (fair), guitar (amateur), clarinet (5th & 6th grade, and I'm pretty good at playing the Kazoo
Have you ever been skinny dipping? Yes. The Apostle Islands on Lake Superior. Not sure you need any more information
Did you play any Sports in High School? I played Soccer my Junior & Senior year. I played volleyball with friends, but never competitively.
What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Spiderman & Harry Potter at the Drive In
What is your favorite article of clothing? No. I hate all my clothing, because nothing fits right. I'm not exaggerating.
What is your dream vacation? Any place that is quiet, ocean-side, lots of activities that I can CHOOSE to participate in and not filled with lots of other people.
What was your first impression of your spouse? He has beautiful blue eyes. "You will marry him someday", "I gotta get out of here!!!"
If you were an animal what would you be? A small bird. They sing, they have a freedom other animals do not enjoy, they can travel quickly to many destinations and accomplish large tasks by seemingly small means (nests are built one stick at a time)
What is your favorite "me- time" activity? Lunch with friends, Reading, Blogging, TV
Favorite TV shows? American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, October Road (new on the list)
What is your dream car? Anything paid off
What is one of your weaknesses? overeating
What do you fix for dinner when there's nothing to fix? Spaghetti with Canned Veggies
If you could live in a different decade/era which one would it be? I think I'm in a pretty good era. It's definitely tough, but I'm not sure I'd thrive in any of the others.
What is the emotion you feel the most? Right now? Frustration. With my surgery, my children, my family, my emotions, my attitude, my finances, my thoughts, my situation. Not a good time to ask.
Do you consider yourself outgoing? Yes, I believe I have become so.
What is something you are constantly working on? Housework. It never ends. Never. Ever.
Any hidden talents? Packing suitcases, diffusing situations
What is a word or phrase you overuse? Are you kidding me? You are driving me crazy. I overuse 2 phrases
What was the hardest thing that happened to you this past year? Struggling with Post-Partum after Emma was born last January.
What is the best thing that happened to you this past year? Israel & I attending the temple together and buying our first home.
What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? Turn 30 with a BANG!
The best piece of advice you learned this past year? Trust in the Lord and look for the good in others and your life will be blessed.
3 comments:
I am so sorry about your latest ordeal... I hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for posting this, it was fun to get to know you better.
Hang in there my friend. You are a great mom and wife. Not to mention a great friend. I'd love to hear you on the kazoo sometime!
I hope you are feeling well soon. I can only imagine what you feel like. Turning 30 really is not that bad. Think of ALL the people older than you! You'll always be the young one in our family. Age is only a # anyway. You are eternal, how do you quantify that?
Post a Comment