Here's my saga: Around October I got fed up, fed up with myself that is. I enlisted the help of my friend and she has consistently been coming over 3x/wk at 6am to do a workout with me. Results? Next to zero! In 5 wks I only lost 2lbs and 4.5 inches. It's like my body was telling me: I don't care what you do..I'm not gonna change!!!! So, I'm taking a new approach, because if I'm going to be honest, my workouts were half-hearted and didn't involve enough cardio AND I just couldn't get myself to workout the other 2-3 days that I wanted to. Soooo....My friend, Misty, challenged me to do a 1/2 marathon this past year and no, I will not be doing that in April, but I AM doing the 5K! I started the Couch to 5K training program and am now on wk 3 and feeling really good. Some of you who have continued the consistent routines of exercise may not find this all that amazing, but for ME to be working towards a race goal is a big deal. I've been a BIG slacker these past 2 years, trying to pretend it's not as bad as it really is. So, I am also adding the Slim in 6 workouts on my off-jogging days to see if I could possibly move some of my #s down along with building endurance/energy. Call it vanity if you must, but I am tired of being a chunky monkey and I want that Smokin' HOT Momma status I keep hearing about.
10 comments:
Go You!! I am still waiting for my motivation. Best of luck!
You go, and tell me how it ends. : ) That sounds like way too much work for me, but I am proud of you! I don't think I could possibly add one more thing.
sounds like fun. i'm doing the slim in 6 work outs, too! i guess i should probably work on eating better, too, but one thing at a time... :D
Good job! I am so excited for you! I know you're going to do a great job, and really enjoy yourself. I think the couch to 5K program is AWESOME! WAHOO!!! Can't wait to see you at the finish line!
I need to check this Slim in 6 thing out!
You ROCK! Go girl! I wish I had some of your willpower :) If anyone can do it, you can! And you are NOT a chunky monkey! You are one HOT mama!
You go girl! See you in Salt Lake!!
I lift weights, do yoga and run 3 miles a day 5-6 days a week. I lose about 1 pound a MONTH!! You are doing great.
You are my inspiration for workingout. I keep wanting to do that too, I hoping that I can get outside more in the summer an get into a better jogging habit.
I SOOOO feel your Pain! I have been working out for 5 months 5 days a week sometimes 6, lifting weights AND counting calories(I am not as diligent at this) But still I am 2 lbs HEAVIER then when I started, this may be to the events and unevents then events again of the past 3 months, but SERIOUSLY?? What is the slim in 6? At this point I am game for anything! Congrats on your race, that will be so fun, you might cry when you cross the finish line, (I may or may not be speaking from experience, ;) lol)
Post a Comment