Today begins my 4th week of training towards a 5K. I use the word training loosely. It sounds like I'm getting ready for some HUGE marathon or something. But! I am following a program to get me to the finish line of the 5K Run. I refuse to walk during the race, so I'm trying really hard to get up to the mileage I need while still taking it slow enough to not poop out. So to help that last statement make sense....I'm following the workout, but I'm pushing myself to jog 6.5 mi/hr and sprint 7.0 here and there.
Here was today's (and the rest of the week) workout:
5 min warm up
1/4 mile jog
1/8 m walk
1/2 m jog
1/4 m walk
1/4 m jog
1/8 m walk
1/2 m jog
5 min cool down
I realize I'm not breaking any National Records here, but I'm still going and I feel good about that!
5 comments:
You must have posted lots of stuff lately! The girls are so cute! And so happy! Kudos to you with the training, best of luck with it! Hang in there!
Great goal!!! You are going to be at the finish line before me for sure. The best way to reach a goal is one day at a time so I think training is GREAT!
You are amazing!
Way to go girl! Kepp up the good work! You are going to look fabulous!
wow, you rock!!! and doing a 5K is NO SMALL FEAT! I did my first at BYU a couple of years ago and then discovered my feet get stress fractures easily, so I haven't done any since. but it's a lot of work! but it feels so good afterwards. I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!
Post a Comment