4.14.2009

Over the River and through the Woods....

to grandmother's house we go...
where kids can go play
and eat candy all day
and grandma won't tell us No!

This was the shortest of all trips thus far. After loads of fun in the Dubuque, IA area we went onto my hometown of Cedar Falls, IA. Only 1 hour and a few minutes. My parents weren't home when we arrived so we explored the backyard a bit and the girls were delighted to find that the swing set was still there (not the original mind you) and a few slides were up in the back.My sister, Susanne, and her son's soon were there too and we all had a good time going to Look Out park and playing together.Then she treated us to Godfather's Pizza and games. Maggie thought this was especially fun since Aunt Pipee gave her quarters for games and eggs when mommy usually doesn't. It's good to be spoiled by family. And Emma really got into the hunting one. Her Daddy would have been proud.The next day we went to another park nearby to play a little Frisbee Golf and play on the equipment. This is my Dad. For those of you who may not have known, my Dad had a heart attack a few weeks ago. Which consequently helped make my decision to continue on to Iowa after my time helping in CO. They placed a stint in his heart to open up the artery and this is him trying a few rounds of frisbee golf with us. On Sunday we were snowed in by the Midwest blizzard (reminder: this was blizzard #2 of our travels) So we spent the day watching General Conference at Susanne's house. I'm grateful for that. And my Great Aunt Leola lives near by so we made a stop to visit her also. She's so very sweet and optimistic. I just love that about some people and I hope I can emmulate that as I age instead of becoming a cranky ol cuss.The girls finished off their night by doing search and finds with Grandma and Grandpa. I think G&G had just as much fun as the girls. Maybe that should be their next Christmas gift! lol jk, mom.We had such a great time visiting everyone and already the girls are asking when they get to see everyone again.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Wow, I am impressed! You were one busy bee! I'm so glad you got to take such a fun and long trip with your cute little girls. Way to be brave! I am sure this is a trip Maggie will never forget. Way to go MOM!

Frisbies Forever said...

Great pictures!

Piepee said...

We miss you all already. Just wish it didn't have to be so short!

Piepee said...

We miss you all already. Just wish it didn't have to be so short!