I've discovered that my no white flour, no sugar challenge is MUCH, MUCH easier to manage this time around than last time. Here's a few reasons that I think that is..
#1 - I've been cutting my sweets down to once a week for almost a year now.
#2 - I've also changed my eating habits so that I only generally eat non-processed foods.
#3 - I believe that exercise combats the desire for sweets and I exercise a lot.
#4 - I cook at home, from scratch 95% of the time.
I wouldn't call it a "breeze", but I'm adapting much better. Also, I'm not cutting out the sugar additives/substitutes that I did last time. Though I must say that I don't think they are any better than sugar and could be much worse. I still try to avoid high fructose corn syrup, but I'm not giving it up entirely.
I gained 3 lbs last week from becoming lazy and traveling. So far this week I have lost all 3 of those pounds and am hoping to be down 2 more by Monday's weigh-in. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
Good luck! I'm impressed with your determination and dedication to a healthier lifestyle. I'm actually impressed I myself have gone without soda for almost 3 weeks. Now to get rid of candybars at moments of stress. Plus I love your music playing.
Soda is a tough one for lots of people. I'm proud of you!
I have actually adapted pretty well to the once a week treat, or the cost of 2 points down for two.
I am trying to cut down on the high fructose corn syrup. It is in EVERYTHING. Makes me grateful that I make almost everything from scratch. We just looked up cheesesticks. HOLY MOLY! They are ridiculously bad.
It's true! I think that's why it was so hard last year when I did my no sugar challenge. I wasn't eating ANYTHING with sugar, sugar substitutes or additives. I pretty much lived off of Santitas chips and salsa, fresh fruits and vegetables. In hind site, it was a really informative and a worthwhile experience.
Post a Comment