3.02.2010

A Destination??

 

Reality hit a couple days ago that Cruises and Resorts during the times of year that we'd be able to go (it's not terribly easy to get time off of work for me during the school year) would be uncomfortably expensive (we are in the middle of a Total Money Makeover, too).  So after a little self-pity and consideration I thought, "How fun would it be to go to Disneyland  WITHOUT kids?!??"  I know, I know...I just might, in fact, be the meanest mom on the planet.  But, think of how nice it will be to get to stand in line with my honey AND get to ride the roller coasters too.  Also, we may be staying in St. George with some friends on the way down and go Jeeping.  So, even though I'm a little bummed that I don't get to go on my big vacation, I will feel a lot less guilt about $$ (Israel gets hotel pts for free nights) and we'll take that big trip when we are financially ready and that makes me happy.


NOW...I'm really going to focus on getting where I need to be physically before that trip happens in July.  This is helping having a REAL end date to work towards.  So, for the month of March I will be cutting out all white flour and sugar (not crazy fanatic like last time).  Wish me luck and I know I'm really close to my goal but I feel like I need more encouragement than ever.  I'm not sure why that is...I literally felt like just giving up the other day and that's just not o.k.

7 comments:

Mya said...

wahoo to the friend who goes jeeping!!! lol

Sara said...

We went to Disneyland by ourselves once too!!!! It was SOOOO fun! It is my favorite place on earth, taking the kids is super fun too, but until Emma is around 5 I wouldn't take them, they won't remember it anyway and 100 bucks a pop is a lot to just forget! We are doing an extreme money makeover too, HARD! AND we have been doing no sugar since the begining of the year (inspired by you!) Our rules are we can have a treat one night a week (date night) and if we go to an organized party where we know ahead of time there will be treats. We wanted to do something we could live with forever and truly change our eating habits, it is hard but I am not eating raw chocolate chips during the day anymore :)

Steph said...

I may join you. The flour and sugar thing. I am sure you don't want to roll over in the middle of the night and snuggle next to me while you are in Disneyland!

Steph said...

I am scared that I will go through withdrawls and kill someone. Is it really hard? Better question is, is it satisfying when you complete the goal. I am weighing my options (no pun intended!). Do you think I could do it?

Dianne said...

I definitely think you could do it! I did my own crazy version last year and cut out ALL sugars including additives and substitutes (which happen to be in most anything that isn't in it's raw/natural form). I won't say it's easy. In fact I would say it's one of the most difficult things I've done, but satisfying?? YES!! I felt so much better and "real" food tasted sweeter than ever before. You may want to be sure you don't have any particularly stressful events the first couple of weeks though. I seriously went through withdrawls. Before the challenge I was living and breathing sweets, a little out of control? yes. Sara, I totally understand the eating raw chocolate chips. So, I really felt it. I'm SO glad I did that challenge, it truly changed the way I view food and how it tastes.

Misty said...

Dianne, I KNOW you can do this. And you SHOULD NOT feel guilt for going to Disneyland without kids. Glen and I went too when Elizabeth and Madelyn were little. some thought we were horrible for not bringing our kids, but it is one of the most fun trips we've ever taken.

And besides, live like no one else now, so later you can live like no one else, right? It'll be worth it, both financially and nutritionally. I had a friend give a talk on Sunday and she said when we really discipline ourselves and take care of our needs and save our money, the Lord will usually bless us with our wants. I really do believe that. You go ahead and do a modest trip now, and that dream trip will come, and it will be more fun because it will be completely affordable. Besides, being together alone with your sweetie, that is what makes it fun, the rest is just details.

Piepee said...

I went with Nieces and nephews, which was a blast! However it was really cool when Dan & I did Disney World,MGM, & Epcot(with Ralph once,and once with Curt) Seaworld, Universal Studios(with Deanne & Eric.) They were all fantastic trips. I remember taking a nephew who was 2 to seaworld, rented a stroller for him. Yeah it held packages, he refused to ride in it or walk. He wanted to be carried. Lol SO I say enjoy your trip.