3.25.2010

A Quick Peek at the Summer Wellness Challenge Rules

Daily Points
5 fruits/veggies: 3 pts OR 4 pts if 3+ are veggies
No eating after 9pm: 2 pts
48 oz water: 2 pts
No sweets: 5 pts
          Or if you eat 1 treat, you get 2 pts **ONE FREE treat per week
Exercise:  30 min= 5pts OR 45+ min= 7pts
Contact with team member: 1 pt

Weekly Points
Pounds Lost: 10 pts per pound
Maintain: 5 pts
Gain pound: 0 per pound BUTT, can’t report any pts until back to your maintain weight.

Monthly Points
Inches lost/month: 5 pts per ½ inch around the waist and the hips
(Measure on weeks 4, 8 and 12)

Runs from April 19th through July 12th   
Report by 10 PM on Monday via Summer Wellness Challenge (private blog created for this competition)

Standard list of what constitutes a treat:
  • Cookies, cake, brownies, chocolate, candy, ice cream/frozen yogurt, Doughnuts, etc
  • Whole fruit Popsicles don’t count as a treat.

You are allowed 1 free treat per week that won't count against your points.  Anything more than 1 per week will count against you.  Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc. will count as your free treat.

At the end of the 12 weeks, I will award prizes for the Highest Individual Point Total, Highest Percentage Weight Lost, and Most Inches Lost.  Then the team with the most points gets to split the rest of money.  But of course, everyone wins with a new body! ;0)

We will be doing a flat fee of $30 (non-refundable) for all 12 weeks.  You must send the money in advance in order to participate.  Please do not sign up if you have medical issues that might prevent you from completing all 12 weeks.  (Unforeseen issues are of course understandable.)

I will be finalizing teams the week of April 12th and you MUST have your payment postmarked by April 7th to secure a spot in the competition.  NO EXCEPTIONS
 

4 comments:

The Boyles said...

Hey I may be interested in learning more about this competition :) - can you allow me to view the blog? Thanks! :)
Cami

Dianne said...

Cami - email me at nicholsflyer@yahoo.com and I'll send you all the details. :)

Steph said...

Love to hear the results! Best of luck to you all!!!
I printed this out and will let you know if and what I tried and what worked.
Thank you for all your motivation. Staying healthy is a challenge and it helps to have friends like you who are up to the challenge.

Frisbies Forever said...

I can't wait! This is going to be so fun!