6.20.2011

37 weeks, 4 days

I had my OB appointment this afternoon and the doctor had issues finding the heartbeat thus ushered me over to have an ultrasound.  As I go to the waiting area I start feeling her with hiccups and tell the nurse.  She says, "Oh this will just take 2 minutes", my cheap side says in my head, "...and how many $$'s?".  Oh well, it'll be fun to have another peek at her, right?

I go in and here's a few things I learn:
#1 - She's definitely a "she" (no surprises!)
#2 - She's got a great heartbeat
#3 - She's head UP! & facing backwards
#4 - She's a mover and a shaker, so no new pictures...lil' stinker

So, I suppose I should be glad we're planning a c-section since she's not in the right place anyways.  Breech baby standing on my cervix.  Nice.  Thanks girl.  She could still move in the right spot by next week, but it won't really matter if she does and plus...that just sounds really painful at this point.  Next Thursday is the day, unless I go into labor before, which continues to seem rather unlikely given my previous background and lack of consistent contractions.  Lots to get done now that I'm feeling better.

No comments: