6.29.2011

Wrapping Things Up

This week has been full of "getting it all done" projects such as:  clean the van, put the carseat in, make sure groceries are stocked, laundry done, etc etc.

Well, my MOST favorite thing I wanted to do this week was to take each of the girls on their very own Mommy-Daughter Date!  Maggie got to go first and she requested that we pick up lunch from McDonald's and eat it down by the river.  Excellent idea!  It was a beautiful afternoon and she just talked my ear right off.  I loved it.  I asked her if she had any concerns about the new baby and she said, "Yeah, I'm afraid she's going to cry too much".  Me too, kid, me too....  We played hide and seek around the trees by the river and then did a little window shopping at ShopKo before ending our lovely afternoon.

Tuesday, Emma and I had our date.  She was deciding between Burger King, McDonald's or Red Robin for lunch.  She eventually decided she wanted a toy doll like Maggie so we picked up McD's and headed to the other side of the river for our picnic.  We walked across the bridge and talked about if she had any concerns about the new baby and she says, "Yeah, that you have a c-section." (She's 4) I asked her what concerned her about me having a csection and she replied, "That you might die".  I had NO idea that she might have such a worry for such a young heart.  We talked it over then spent time reading books at the library and stopped for a snow cone on the way home.  It was fabulous!

I am so grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful set of girls!  They bless my life everyday.

2 comments:

Delcie said...

It sounds like you had two great days with two great girls! What sweethearts!

Piepee said...

Great memories you are making. For Emma to have such concern at a young age is remarkable. Maggie's is justified sit in church listen to the babies cry would definately make one think. Hopefully the down time is getting better.