This is our favorite family tradition! Okay...at least one of our favorites anyway. This is our 3rd year running in the Scenic River Classic. I say "our" but really I mean "their" because I have yet to actually be a registered runner. Each year I seem to have an injury of some sort (1st- shin splints, 2nd- IT Band, 3rd- 37 wks preggo). I still love going and cheering everyone on and hey! there's always next year, right?
![]() |
| Playing leap frog during the down time. |
| Pretending to "nap" while waiting for the race to begin. |
Maggie was SOOO excited to see her teacher getting ready to run the race, too!
Mmmm...Great Harvest Bread goodies!
Practicing to cheer Daddy to the finish! (We still had a good 1/2 hour to go)
Filling the time with....none other than ANT SQUASHING!
Practice, Practice, Practice!!
Here he comes!! Where are the girls???....in the bathroom...(head thud)
My best bud, Valerie, finishing up the 10K!! (these 5K walkers got in the way of a great picture, sorry)
What ALL the kids were waiting for is finally arriving!!! The KIDS 1 MILE race. Here we have Emma and Isaac warming up.
Emma is such a trooper! I opted to run with her because I figured she and I would be best matched in pace (being 37 weeks preggo) but this girl can RUN! She said she really wanted to beat her friend, Isaac. Sadly, she didn't but she did smoke her older sister by a few minutes!! She ran a 10:30 min mile.
![]() |
| Here comes Maggie with her long strides! She did great! |
It's the whole family!!
![]() |
| These hooligans have run together the past 3 years! |
And the real star of the show!! Israel was 2nd place in his age group and 13th overall in the 10K with a time of 47:47!! HE GOT A MEDAL!! Wahoo!! We are so very proud!!





No comments:
Post a Comment