Yesterday was such a great day. "Was" being the emphasized word of the day. It started off so fun, with the family running the Scenic River Classic (see post below) and after we wandered the local Farmer's Market where I found some super cute headbands for the baby for $1! Sweeet! Then we went home to yummy chef salads lunch. Couldn't get better. Soon after lunch I just started to feel a little yucky in the stomach (not uterus) and was feeling sore from the run so I would do few things then sit down awhile (hence all the blogposts). Well, the girls were still interested in having some fun so Israel took them over to the Carnival they have set up just down the road (he's such a great dad) while I continued to rest up a bit. Around 6:30pm I finally made dinner and was NOT feeling well AT ALL, nausea was in full swing and I had pains in the stomach and back BIG time. Again, not in the uterus. I sat down to eat with the family and just couldn't. The next few hours were spent just trying to find any comfortable position (yeah, not possible). I had a total of 3 or 4 baths (lost count) and wandered from room to room. I'm such a baby. Anyway, by 8pm Israel had roasted s'mores with the girls in the meantime, had prayer/scriptures and put them to bed - hence GREAT DAD award while I was hugging something similar to this
for dear life. I have NEVER vomited during a pregnancy. Out of control nausea, most certainly yes, but no vomiting. I have to say that vomiting 9 months pregnant has to be the worst possible thing in the world. This continued for 3 hours until it became so unbearable that Iz called the doctor (I'd started having contractions by this point but not real labor). Doc said to come in to the hospital so I could get checked out and make sure labor wasn't starting. Well, it wasn't but I was definitely dehydrated so they started an IV and added some anti-nausea medication to it. It made me really, really sleepy and I stopped throwing up, but I still was so uncomfortable because I felt like I needed to vomit and couldn't actually sleep. So they switched to a different drug and it worked like a charm. The Dr. said he wanted me to finish off the next fluid bag and then I could stay until morning or leave when I felt up to it. I'm so glad he gave me the option because those labor beds are retched! I sure hope my recovery bed will be much better in a couple of weeks or I will be begging to go home earlier than I should. Anyway, Israel was really great the whole time and made it all very smooth (calling the doctor, calling someone to come watch the girls, and staying with me the whole time). He even tried to let me sleep in this morning despite it being Father's Day. He's taken the girls to church, gotten them lunch and even took them on a bike ride all so that I could sleep pretty much all day long. He is the best husband and father our little family could ask for and I'm soo grateful for him!! And for THAT he should receive a medal, a great BIG one!
I am feeling better today, though tired and fatigued and not wanting to eat anything. But, not upchucking! I'm not sure what brought it all on. Maybe some flu bug that I didn't realize was going around? Who knows, I just pray it doesn't happen again for a very, very long time. Sorry, this post probably has WAY too much information, but it is what it is and I wanted to pay tribute to what a great guy I married!

3 comments:
oh no, Diane!! I'm so sorry!! but I'm glad you're feeling better. hopefully you won't have to deal with that anymore. how strange.
definitely keep hubby around. he's a good catch. :)
Big Hugs! Not to hard though. Hope you feel better soon! Iz, I love you!!!!!
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Obviously something didn't agree with you.
Post a Comment