6.08.2011

So Much To Do, So Little Time

Hey there!  Guess who's WAY behind in posting on all the great things we've been up to.  Yep, yours truly.  Me. Guess who's still not going to get it done today.  Yep, me again.

I did want to make note that I have 3 WEEKS until we welcome a new little princess to our family. My doctor informed me on Monday that he will be out of state the week of my due date, so my c-section delivery date got bumped up to THURS, JUNE 30th!!  I got to be honest, I'm totally excited to have my baby BEFORE my due date.  That has never happened before!  Though, there's a flip side to this coin....I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME to get all my projects done, get YW camp prepped (thank goodness for an awesome assistant), and close out the Spring Wellness Challenge before our little beauty arrives.  Also, I'm nervous about surgery.  Yes, yes, I'm quite aware that C-sections have become so routine that it shouldn't be a real concern, but I'm still concerned.  My one surgery I've ever had (aside from wisdom teeth removal) was "supposed" to be quick, easy and relatively painless.  Yeah...not quite the way I remember it...

Anyone else have a BIG gap of time between children?  I really want to meet this little girl, but sheesh it's been 4 1/2 years since I've had a newborn.  I hope I remember what I'm suppose to do!  Poor kid.  I also didn't fair well in the head after Emma's birth and I'm trying to take every precaution possible to avoid another bout with Postpartum Depression.  (not to be confused with Postpartum Psychosis)  Thanks for the tips Sara, totally trying your suggestions.

Upside!  Israel got that Thursday off and with the help of a good friend he'll be able to spend the night with me at the hospital.  He had already requested that 1st week of July so I'll have his help that whole first week!!  That is such a relief to me.  Week 2 might get interesting, but I'm just going to take it day by day and hopefully be humble enough to ask for help when I need it this time.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

As someone with a big gap between kids 4 1/2 years and very scared of the postpartum depression that is the reason for that gap, this has been my easiest baby, it has all come back and having kids that can help hold the baby so I have time to shower and eat makes a huge difference. So if your experience this time around is anything like mine you will be fine and I am sure your girls will be a huge help!

Jaimie said...

You will do fabulous! It's like riding a bike, right? :) We will definately have to come see your new princess! I am so excited for you! I'll have to bring you some presents! :)

Nanette said...

Yay for having a baby early!

Melissa said...

I had almost 7 years between mine, it was really nice, the girls were a huge help. They were self sufficient enough that I could take care of logan. You will be fabulous.