I just want to take a minute to thank all of you for your support! I've really been struggling with this and feeling pretty alone in it, so it was very helpful to know I'm not the only one out there!! It has also given me the courage to attempt to stop "sweating it" and just let her succeed or fail as she chooses. For I cannot make her potty at will, as convenient as that would be. LOL. SO...thanks.
6 comments:
I know what you mean! Kylan still has problems at night. I have tried explaining about the emptying of the bladder and how he would sleep so much better if he did it just before bed. Does he listen? No! I have to threaten him with something to get him to go. What is it with these stubborn kids? One thing that worked a little for him is that we read a book about the human body and it talked about how what you eat and drink becomes the pee and you know. So he became so interested in it that it has worked with the daytime trips. He used to hold it until he couldn't wait anymore. If I see him dancing around or holding himself I just mention about his bladder being full and he usually will go. Kids are so crazy, or maybe it's us because we have them :) Good luck with her and I hope that it gets better soon!
I hope things are going better. Sometimes they take a couple steps back to get ready for a running jump forward.
It's not really improved yet, but Israel and I both are trying to detach ourselves from the situation and just let her figure it out. Our high expectations and emotional involvement (we have now come to realize) are only making US miserable NOT her. So we are trying to just "let it go". We'll see how this tactic works. I'll let you know in a few months. HA!
Good luck... I'll be reading this advice sometime in the near future because I am sure I'll need it!
FYI- I emptied my bladder at the doc's office once then had a catheter sp? inserted. The doctor drained a lot more. He said you can't completely empty your bladder because it has a lot of folds. It has to be really stretchy for people who hold it for a long time (maggie!)
I have to admit, I still wait until the last possible moment to "go". I always get busy doing things, forget about it, and then hear running water or get cold. And then I am racing to the bathroom and hope that I make it. Amanda and Dan always make fun of me because I am always doing the potty dance but still won't go, I wait. I don't know why. Someday we will both learn!
Post a Comment