1.05.2009

Christmas Greetings

If you've been wondering why you were bumped from the Nichols Christmas card list this year...you're not alone. I just couldn't seem to get it together this year. And as high as my hopes were for getting out New Year's greetings, sorry folks it's just not going to happen. We really still love you, but you'll have to wait til next Christmas season for new photo and creative greeting. Though I will attempt to give you a short overview of our year here on the blog....

Israel- He has continued to work for Empire Airlines as a Captain of the FedEX aircraft that flies out of Idaho Falls. We love his schedule: He flies to SLC 4 nights a week at 5pm and gets home the next morning well rested about 9am. He VERY rarely has to work a weekend and then gets a week off every month. It's hard to complain about that. He has also really enjoyed being involved in the Cowboy Action Competitions here at the Idaho Falls shooting range. He was also begun serving this past year as the New Scout Leader at Church and recently has begun teaching the 11/12 year old class on Sundays in Primary.

Maggie- Maggie turned 5 this year and she has started her first year of "official" preschool and is really enjoying it. She began ballet and performed in the "Wizard of Oz" in the Spring and recently "The Nutcracker". She LOVED going to swimming lessons during the summer, too. She continues to learn and grow everyday and definitely keeps us on our toes with all of her questions and creative ideas.

Emma- Emma will turn two in a little over a week. She has grown so much this last year, well not so much physically (she's only 2 lbs more than last year on her bday) but has become quite verbal in addition to signing much of what she wants. She is our little cuddle bug and we can't wait to see what this year will hold for her.

Dianne- (me) I continue to stay home with the girls and recently began as a Pampered Chef Consultant part-time. I haven't been doing too many exciting things, but my greatest challenge this year has been attempting to fill some pretty big shoes as the Primary President in our ward. I won't lie, it's been challenging, but it's also quite rewarding as I am learning so much about these sweet little ones as they teach ME about faith and charity. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve.

It's been a busy year that didn't involve a move to a new state and by those standards I consider it a success. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Love,
The Nichols

5 comments:

larshannon said...

I loved the update. Hope 2009 is even better!

Jaimie said...

We'll let it slide this year, but you better get on the ball for next year! :) I hope this year brings much happiness!

Sara said...

See you are better then me in even posting a Christmas Greeting/family letter, didn't even make it that far :P

Frisbies Forever said...

I did that this year too! Giggle, giggle. Life has just been too busy lately. Works for me!

Tamara said...

Wow, at least you had aspirations of some form of holiday card!