1.03.2009

Mountain River Ranch

Empire Airlines always has this HUGE shindig up in northern Idaho, but the outstations always get an allowance from the company to go to dinner or whatever. Well, we got tired of just going to dinner as a group and starring at each other, so we suggested going to the Mountain River Ranch in Ririe, ID. It was a lot of fun. I know the girls would have enjoyed it, but we went as a couple...and I liked it.

Israel & me next to Maverick or Goose (not sure which one) after our sleigh ride. It gets pretty cold.
Here's us during the entertainment portion. This year they had a younger group with guitars and fiddle. And, oh boy, could that boy fiddle! He was 16 and AMAZING. This was after our platter, yes platter, of Prime Rib, Idaho baked potato, salad, green beans and yummy Cheesecake.
Here's Dennis (another captain), Me and Israel kinda hidden by Dennis' cute little girl, Regan.
That's better: Dennis, Me, Israel, Regan and Dennis' wife, Tina.
It was a whole lot of fun and I'm so grateful Aly was willing to watch the girls for us that night! I hear they do summer shows too with wagons instead of sleigh's so we might check it out when it warms up. Anyone want to come?

10 comments:

Julie said...

I think it would be so much fun to go. If you guys are really going to go in the summer, or when it warms up, we would go with you. It looks like it would be a way fun date activity.

Katie said...

i love the snowflakes in the background of the pictures... so pretty!

larshannon said...

That looks like so much fun.

larshannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaimie said...

Fun times! Sometimes I forget that it's even winter until I see snow pics on your blog :) We were in the mid-seventies the other day, it's crazy!

The Hanselmann Family said...

That looks like fun!! Dan and I need a break like that! Could you send me your sitter!! HaaHaa. That was great that she had somewhere to go over the holidays. We miss all of you!

The Hanselmann Family said...

I just realized that we picked the same background! What are the odds?

Steph said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish we could have been there with you!
Steph

Steph said...

Whose sippy cup is that, anyway?

Dianne said...

It's the little girl, Regan's, that you see in the picture. They chose not to get a sitter that night.