6.08.2009

Challenge #2

You may be asking yourself, "Why all these challenges? Can't she just live her life?" Well, I answer that with an unfortunate NO. Apparently, when I do not have a goal in sight...embarrassingly....I seem to have no goals at all and I sit around like a slug. And I share them here, because I know that the friends and family I love dearly are watching me and hopefully cheering me on to become a better me each day. Also, these challenges are selfishly about "me", they may in fact benefit others along the way, but ultimately it is my little slice of life just for me.

With that in mind....bring on Challenge #2!! This one is actually 2-fold. #1-I am going to be in bed by 10pm for 30 days - this is to benefit my mental health and hopefully energy level and #2- I will eliminate 2nd helpings from my diet (excepting raw veggies, those are freebies in my mind). **background for #2** with my no sugar challenge I did not change my portion control at all and still lost 4lbs, so this is my new experiment to see which has a greater influence to my body.

Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Great job! I think these are great challenges. I have the "second helping" problem. I'm cheering you on! Everytime you go to reach for seconds, you can hear my voice, "I know you can Do it Dianne! I think you're amazing!"

LeAnn said...

It's so nice to read about someone else trying to make positive changes. Darren and I read the book the Ultra-Mind Solution. We went through 6 weeks of no sugar, no gluten, and no dairy. We were not as dedicated as you ... we cheated on the gluten on our anniversary and Logan's birthday. I lost 10 lbs, Darren lost 9 lbs. Anyway. Good luck on Challenge #2.

Frisbies Forever said...

I need that challenge in my life. I may join you. This may not be a good month to start, but we will see.

The Hanselmann Family said...

Keep it up!! Great Job!