6.02.2009

Memorial Day Camping

We did some camping over Memorial Day weekend. Destination: Big Elk Creek near Palisades Dam. It's down the Dam Road, ya know, just past The Dam Store (for real). We met up with our Dam friends (jk, I couldn't resist) and their family.

I'm too lazy to change the picture to a more chronological order so enjoy anyway :)
This is Emma's "dance of celebration" to be in her swimming suit and hanging out at the clay beach. Yeah, not much sand in Idaho.
Emma and her little buddy, Lake. They like to walk to Nursery together at church, hand in hand. So cute.
Maggie just taking it all in...
Hannah was a natural in the water! The had a great time retrieving sticks and swimming back to shore.
Emma with a beautiful background.
We started our day with a little game of catch. This photo is actually kinda funny because it was taken right before the drama. Apparently, Maggie caught that ball, but it hit her hand and she ran away crying. Sad, I know...but she was a trooper and came back to try again.
A view from camp. Aren't the tree pretty?
And here's our tent. Most of the people with us had trailers, but we're still hard core and tent it every time.
Iz walking the pup in the a.m.
There were LOADS of snail shells all over camp. Not sure why... Anyway, the girls had a lot of fun collecting as many as they could. I still have a WalMart bag full of them that I'm not sure what to do with.
It was so much fun getting to camp and play with friends~