6.27.2009

Scenic River Classic - 10K

Here's Maggie in the Kids 1 Mile Race! She ran most of the way. If she started walking and a kid passed her then she would pick up and start running hard again. Doesn't she look proud? She's #591
And the coveted finishers medal! No, really. They ran out that day and LOADS of kids went home without one.
Israel had a strong finish in his 10K Race. I'm a little sad that I had to miss out on this race...sniff sniff ** BUT I'm so proud of him for doing it!! Go IZ!!
Our little cheerleaders!! They were yelling GO! GO! GO! for about 20 min straight to ALL the runners while waiting for Daddy to come through.
He's the Man!
Daddy Daughter Racing!
These are our friends, the Hendricks Family! We're so lucky to have great friends who enjoy jogging too! (or at least fake it as well as we do..haha!)

4 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

What a day! I remember these days when we took the kids to a 3 K run. They all had a blast.

Katie said...

way to go gang!

Piepee said...

Congrats to all. Still can't see myself running.

Tara Oliver said...

it's always amazing to me that kids run/walk these races, even if they are "only" a mile. I never even knew kids did stuff like that!! so that's awesome.

oh, and so I don't comment on every post of yours (I haven't checked blogs much lately!), some of the pictures from your 4th of July remind me of girls camp. hm!