6.05.2010
Bountiful Baskets
I got my first Bountiful Basket today!! It's a non-profit food co-op that buys produce in bulk and distributes to various areas. They cost around $15/basket (you bring your own) and are filled with all kinds of goodies. This is what I received today: 2 butternut squash, a big bunch of bananas, 5-6 apples, 3 big tomatoes, honeydew melon, a bag of peaches, big bunch of leafy lettuce, half dozen ears of corn, 3 red bell peppers, blackberries, a few pounds of grapes and ungodly amounts of bok choy (guess I'm going to be making lots of stir-fry & soups). All the produce looks great, though you never know what you're going to get! I'll let you know what I end up doing with all of this bok choy. Everyone should look into this! They have locations in AZ, ID, NV, TX, UT, WA, WY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was considering this before we started getting CSA veggies! A friend told me about it and it sounds like such a great deal. I'm keeping it in mind for the fall, after the CSA season finishes! It will be fun to read about what you get and what you find to do with it all!
Charity
oh so THAT'S what a bountiful basket is!! very cool.
Post a Comment