Here's the whole running gang! My friend, Valerie, and her sister, Catherine, ran the 5K this morning and all our kiddos ran in the kid's run. Israel & I both had to sit this one out due to continued injury...bummer.
Maggie did great! She more of a sprinter it seems. This her taking a quick walk break before...
pushing through for a strong finish! Way to go, girl!
Emma ran her first race and she's an endurance runner! She ran the WHOLE time! She actually came in just behind Maggie. Not too bad for a three year old.
The family that runs together, stays together...or something like that. ;)
Seriously, these guys are everywhere. I can't really explain why, but we sure weren't going to pass on a photo op. hehe Emma was a bit nervous about the whole thing, but she stuck it out.
It was a great day of racing, free bread and ice cream cones, playing in the yard, catching up with friends, etc. I'm LOVING having some freedom!
4 comments:
By our house is he future birth place of Capt Kirk! These guys are pretty prevalent during the week surrounding the celebration. Your house? I'm confused. But cool pictures. We should go to the Trekkie Festival this year though and get some good pictures. How long was the kids run?
1 mile. You do know that these are storm troopers from Star Wars, right? ;) Randomly they do a float in the 4th of July parade every year. I don't really get the connection, but I guess it gives them an outlet. haha
After I took a nap I re-read and laughed at myself since it also says 1 mile run! oops :D I crack myself up!
:) hehe
Post a Comment