3.20.2009

Getting Ready and Ambitious!

I am getting so excited and a little nervous for the upcoming challenge. I'm in awe of my friends and Israel who are taking on the 1/2 marathon!! I am getting through the 3 miles and am starting to slowly build my miles so I, too, can take on the 1/2 by August. This morning I walked my 3 mile loop with a friend and felt good so I went ahead and jogged it after she left. 30:22!! I'm getting there, I hope. My goal is to run the 5K in under 30 min.

I'm REALLY excited to be running this with some of my most favorite people in the world!! And...well, as selfish as it sounds..and maybe is... it looks like Israel and I are getting the weekend off of parenting duties! It will be a MUCH needed break to remember that we are not just Mom & Dad. Ahhh....

4 comments:

Misty said...

Let me know if you still need someone to watch them during the race. Between my family and Glen's family, we should be able to help you out.

But hopefully, You will be able to spend the time together without kids. That to me sounds like a TON-O-FUN-O!!!!!

Frisbies Forever said...

Running doesn't sound like a ton of fun to me, however husband time doing something worthwhile, sounds AWESOME! So glad everything is working out for you!!!

Piepee said...

I'm glad things are working out for you. Like I said I'm not much of a runner, biking is more my speed. But I'm so happy for you, since it's something you have obviously worked towards.

James and Charity said...

Dianne,

I occasionally read your blog (linked from Julie's). Just wanted to say way to go on the 5K! I'm sure you'll do great; have fun! Enjoy your weekend away too!

Charity