3.09.2009

Just a Jogging

I say jogging not running because what I do is NOT running. I jog. Israel runs. We were chatting "speed" today and I came to this conclusion on my own. It amazes me that people (like Israel) can not exercise FOREVER then just start up again jogging 4-5 miles at 7 & 8 miles an hour. What the heck? Granted I'm no Denise Austin or Jane Fonda but seriously even as chunky as I am I have been exercising fairly regularly and I'm just excited to hit 2.5 miles today without walking at 5.5 to 6.5 miles/hr with an ending lap at 7. Sheez! I do feel bad for the guy right now though. He's been having some back trouble and it's messing with his workouts.

Last week went well. No major weight loss to report. I have found I am truly a workout buddy kinda girl. I don't necessarily need someone to workout "with" but someone to count on me to be there when I say I'm going to be there and then go on to do my own thing. Translation: If my friend doesn't come over I'm not so good at doing my workout. She comes MWF and the other days I'm pretty much a slacker. I think I got one extra day of a workout in. total of 4 days

This week is: Warm up, Jog 2.5 miles (no walking) and cool down. (MWF)
I also mapped out a 3.2 mile route in my neighborhood and if the roads are clear on Saturday I'm going to see how far I can get without stopping.

5 comments:

Misty said...

I hear ya, it drives me crazy! Glen is the same way. I'll train twice as much as him, and he'll still finish a good 20 minutes before me on race day. It drives me nuts.

I bet you'll be able to do the entire 3.2 miles on Saturday, even if you need to go just a bit slower to do it. Tear it up sister!

Katie said...

I am definitely a jogger too. i start running too fast and i feel like my butt is going to jiggle right off my body! :) You are doing so great!

Piepee said...

You're better than I. I am a bike rider. No jogging or running for I. Keep up the good job!

Jaimie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! You are doing great!

Ellie said...

I finally get to see a your house sorry it is on your blog. We wanted to come over and play this week but Alyssa and I have the flu :) One of these days if I quit getting sick and the kids are healthy we will have to stop by and see your house for real..... I love your paint job in the kitchen and Alyssa wants to play with your puppy. Ellie