3.02.2009

Let's Try On Some Happy Today!


So I have been drained for FAR too long now by being sucked into the negativity that can abound in the world, my immediate family, my extended family, my friends, etc etc. The complaining has to STOP!!! AHHHH! [disclaimer: venting can be good, but consistent non-problem solving complaining is annoying to everyone, right?] So, as it should, it begins with me! I would like to take the time to share the things I am really enjoying and appreciate right now. I hope that you, too, can also take a moment to recognize the good things happening around you amid the organized chaos of life:).
  1. I can jog 2 miles comfortably and feel really good about making a difficult goal for myself. 5K and then 1/2 marathon here we come!
  2. Emma makes funny faces now (on purpose) that make us laugh EVERY day.
  3. Maggie helps me set the table for EVERY meal and doesn't complain. We eat at the table for all 3. Recently, she has begun to request being able to serve our family dinner (walking individual plates to the table) before serving herself.
  4. Israel makes it a point to say "Thank You for dinner" at each meal and encourages the girls to follow suit.
  5. Maggie enjoys memorizing the Articles of Faith each week and is up to #7.
  6. I can count on my husband to be with the girls when I have other responsibilities (church/PC) and I have NEVER heard him complain about it.
  7. The girls laugh and play well together. They LOVE dancing to whatever music comes on.
  8. My friends helped me rearrange my living room furniture AGAIN and didn't complain a bit!!
  9. My husband worked 24 hours straight (no joke) on our bathroom to be sure that I could still have the RS luncheon at our house on Friday with a working bathroom.
  10. There are some really great people in the world (primary counselors, volunteer teachers, etc) who will do anything for me when I feel like I just can't do it all.
  11. I could just go on and on.... So try it out, too! Happy looks good on you!

6 comments:

Jaimie said...

Count your blessings, name them one by one...:) You are so cute! I'm sorry you are having a hard time, I know how you feel! I'm just too grumpy to do a happy list right now :)

Misty said...

I'm in the same boat. I'm tired of the griping/complaining/gossipping. but I've got to take the first step. The only one I can change is me. Thanks for the list. It really got my wheels turning.

Steph said...

Don't you feel better? I have found that the more I "vent" and "let it out" the worse I feel. I will usually have a brief cry, call my sister-in-law (she is my designated ear) then get over it. It feels much better to get over it and look at the positive rather than dwell on the negative. Funny story, I was walking by an old man yesterday and a receptionist asked him how he was. All I heard was, "My leg hurts, my car broke down, my brother's sick..." whaa, whaa, whaa! I wanted to smack him in the back of the head and say, "At least you are healthy enough to walk, your car can get fixed, be glad you own one and you are so old that any siblings you have are lucky to be alive!". I didn't, I kept on walking. Ha ha!
Thanks for the list!
Love,
Steph

Dianne said...

that was best story i've read this week!! thanks!

Deniene said...

what a great idea! Let the good news roll!

Shari' said...

That is a lot to be thankful for, you're an inpireation.