Today I actually and truly jogged 3 miles without walking!!!! ‘Tis a bit amazing for me. My time was 30:31. That would be minutes not hours. lol Not too bad for an amateur like myself. I am hoping to shave off a little time before race day. Those of you who have run 5K could you give me some feedback? Am I going to be like the VERY last person if I jog at this speed or do you think I might pass the old lady toting oxygen?
4 comments:
GREAT JOB!!!! Keep going!
Well, you would probably pass me! I can't average a 10 minute mile to save my soul. It doesn't matter the distance. My fastest 3 mile run has been an average of 10:20 minute mile. So you're doing great! You can actually go to SLC marathon's home page and look at the results for last year and previous years, and you'll get a good estimate of where you'll be. Plus, keep in mind, this is a pretty big race. A TON of people are going to be walking it, which means they will average a 15-20 minute mile. You will be done well before some of them hit the half-way mark. So rest assured, you're going to do AWESOME!!!!!!
You DEFINITELY won't be the last person! Trust me, when I say that I run a long distance, I'm perfectly ok with 11-12 minute miles. My pace depends on how far I'm running, hills involved, nutrition, sleep, and time of day (so many things). Also, it's quite exhilarating when everyone else is running with you. So, come race day...you'll be tempted to go even faster than you should!
You are doing great! That is about the pace I have run 5K's myself. My experience has been that I can finish a little ahead of half the racers. Like Misty said, a lot of people will be walking but there will also be people that sprint a 5K. I also tend to run races a bit faster than my training pace. Normally when I run the 3 miles training it takes between 32 and 35 minutes but I finished a 5K in January in 29:29. Plus you have a whole month to keep training! You are so TOTALLY going to fly right past me!
Post a Comment