*Maggie took this picture! Not bad, huh?*
5.11.2009
Mother's Day Bliss!
Israel got a smokin' deal on these flowers! 25! Yeah, he was pretty proud of himself. He walks in, sets them down in front of me and says, Count 'em!! Such a goof, but I LOVE them! and him.
I woke up Sunday morning refreshed! All meetings aside from church were canceled and I got 8-9 hours of SLEEP!! ahhh...it's beautiful... My family promptly brought me breakfast in bed; veggie omelet, assorted fruit and orange juice (israel scoured the grocery store for a kind that had NO added sugar or additives). They also shared a card with me and a crown! (Thanks for the post last year, Laura, that's totally where he got the idea and I LOVED it!) I was "Queen Mommy" for the day and everything I said went, despite Israel being sicker than a dog. What a guy!
The girls tolerated me as we did a photo shoot before church. I knew after church wouldn't work, since they are always tired, hungry and cranky afterwards.


Yeah...it's tough to get them to focus!
After church, Maggie helped unload the dishwasher (thank you primary coupon) and Israel made me Grilled Salmon and Roasted Red Potatoes. mmmm.....my favorite! He even mixed up his own seasoning since our seasoning salt has "dextrose" in it! He is my sweetheart! He's helping me stay on track with this goal. He'd earned a Big Cookie (16" big) for passing off the articles of faith and he was very supportive by not flaunting it about the house and tempting me with it. Heck, Saturday was bad enough when I had to endure baking 3...yes, 3! full batches of cookies for Primary.
I'm so grateful for my wonderful little family!! They truly bring such happiness in my life and I don't know what I'd do without them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like you had a beautiful day. You deserve it!
I'm so glad you enjoyed being Queen for the day. It is fun, huh. You look very good in a crown.
you're so beautiful! i am so glad that you had a wonderful mother's day! you deserve it!
You would be VERY lonely and not laugh nearly as much without your little family.
Post a Comment