5.07.2009
Oh, the Irony...
Last night I scoured my recipe books, cupboards and frig to find any kind of meal that didn't have ingredients containing processed sugars or sugar additives. I was lucky enough to come across a Mexican casserole that took almost 2 hours to prepare. I thought OH! goody! I've got this disposable pan here that will make the clean up so EASY! Well, 2 hours later and 10 min before Israel has to be at work I did this.....
Oh, the irony! 3/4 of our dinner ended up on the stove door and the floor. Our pup, Hannah had a fine meal from the floor, the trash gobbled up the remains from the door and the girls and I went to Wendy's. Don't worry, I ate grilled chicken over a green salad sans dressing. Yeah, I thought I had avoided disaster (which mostly I did). Though upon further research on my meal on wendy's nutrition page I discovered that the seasoning on the chicken contains dextrose (sugar) and the bacon contained sugar AND brown sugar. Lame...it's a learning process I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are a trooper girl! My theory is, if there is no frosting then it is probably fairly sugar free, hahaha! Way to stick with it!
Oh, Diane! I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Laugh. Let's just laugh. It is much easier.
Post a Comment