5.07.2009

So So Sad

25 Names for Sugar

Sugar (in one form or another) is added to more food products than you can imagine. There are also a large number of "variants" of sugar - depending on the kind of processing that has occurred.

Here is a list to get you started in identifying sugars. I'm sure you can come up with many more names for sugar.

sugar.jpg
  1. Brown sugar
  2. Corn syrup
  3. Demerara Sugar
  4. Dextrose
  5. Free Flowing Brown Sugars
  6. Fructose
  7. Galactose
  8. Glucose
  9. High Fructose Corn Syrup
  10. Honey
  11. Invert Sugar
  12. Lactose
  13. Malt
  14. Maltodextrin
  15. Maltose
  16. Maple syrup
  17. Molasses
  18. Muscovado or Barbados Sugar
  19. Panocha
  20. Powdered or confectioner's sugar
  21. Rice Syrup
  22. Sucrose
  23. Sugar (granulated)
  24. Treacle
  25. Turbinado sugar
How SAD!

1 comment:

Steph said...

By the way, I decided to give up sleep for 30 days. So far I have done numerous stupid things. A couple of days ago I picked up a friends child from pre school and left my stroller in the parking lot with my wallet in it. You have to be really special to do that. I might have to give in to this lame addiction I have to 7-8 hours of sleep each night before I leave one of my kids in the parking lot by mistake.