12.10.2011

Family Time/School Time

I think this was the longest time we've spent in one place on a trip back to Iowa.  Because of this, Maggie ended missing 6 days of school and Emma missed a whole week of Preschool, Maggie also missed 2 violin lessons.  Prior to leaving I asked their teachers to compile their work/projects so that I could "home school" them the week before Thanksgiving.  I was surprised how well it went the first few days.  I even proctored a couple of Maggie's tests and she did fabulous!  First, Maggie would practice her violin and give a little performance to Grandma & Grandpa, then she, Emma and Nora (my niece, Brittney's little girl, they live there, too) would do their school work.


 Of course, when school was done, they'd sit at the table and do puzzles with Grandpa and Grandma.

 Lilly got to spend LOTS of time being rocked, snuggled and loved by Grandma.  And Grandpa fell in love with her, too.  Because of his condition he didn't always understand that she wasn't "his".  He would walk by and say, "You like your Daddy?"  Then he'd sing to her or whistle or pull out his trusty Harmonica.  Which was so sweet...except when she's juuuust about to fall asleep. ;)

Side note:  Dad doesn't remember who I am, but sure tries to fake that he knows a connection.  Though he did make mention of pilots and airplanes when he was trying to place me.  Israel must have made a lasting impression on him. lol!


 Aunt Marianne was also great about giving Lilly extra love, too.  She is FABULOUS at getting her to sleep when she doesn't feel good.  Lilly got her first cold just a few days after we got there.  She ended up with an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection.  That made for some really long, long nights, very short napping and very little two-handed activities.  I appreciate everyone who helped me out so much while we battled the exhaustion and migraine that followed.
 Paper Airplanes!!!  We were learning about air in school.
Who doesn't love a dip in the hot tub?!?  I was kicking myself for not getting in that day, it was the only day they did and I missed my chance.  Bummer!  We'll have to come back.
 Lilly had her very first sink bath while we were there and she quite enjoyed it, too.  She also liked licking/eating my wrist.
 THE cutest baby at church!  Just sayin'.

2 comments:

manne said...

We so enjoyed having you come and visit! Maybe again sometime soon.

Piepee said...

I heard Dad fell in love with Lily.